How to Recognize and Overcome Misalignment: The Silent Killers of Stress and Suppressed Emotion
Do you sometimes feel like you’re not just out of sync, but completely disconnected from your true self? This isn’t merely an inconvenience; it’s a critical issue that can silently diminish your well-being, success, and even your life. When you’re misaligned, you’re not just off track; you’re on a path that can lead to chronic stress and suppressed emotions. These silent killers contribute to diseases and addictions that greatly increase a person’s risk of prematurely dying of anything. In this transformative guide, we’ll explore the signs that you’re operating from a place of misalignment and offer actionable steps to reclaim your power and well-being
Why It's Important to Be in Alignment
“Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.”
5 Signs You Aren't Operating from Alignment
1) Lack of Energy or Feeling Drained: When you’re aligned with your true self, you tap into a natural reservoir of energy. Feeling drained is a sign that you’re misaligned, because you’re exhausting your energy on things that don’t serve your higher purpose, which leads to stress and suppressed emotions.
2) Feeling Out of Control or Need for Control: Being in alignment means having a balanced sense of control over your life and circumstances, therefore handling them with more ease. When you feel out of control or have a compulsive need to control, it’s a sign that you’re not in harmony with your inner self. This misalignment creates a breeding ground for stress and emotional suppression.
3) “Shoulding” on Yourself: Alignment involves living authentically, according to your own values and desires. When you’re constantly telling yourself what you “should” do, you’re not honoring your true self. This is a clear indicator of misalignment that can lead to stress and emotional suppression. If the concept of “shoulding” on yourself resonates with you, you’ll benefit from my YouTube video series on this very topic. Watch it here to dive deeper into understanding and overcoming this form of self-imposed pressure.
4) Indecisiveness: Alignment brings clarity and also the safety of being able to make decisions and speak your mind. If you’re indecisive, it’s a sign that you’re disconnected from your inner guidance system. You may find yourself abdicating decisions, or conceding to others, leaving you feeling powerless and out of control. This misalignment can create stress and emotional turmoil as you struggle to make choices that naturally align with your true self.
5) Lack of Resilience: When you’re aligned, you’re resilient—able to bounce back from setbacks because you’re grounded in your true spirit. A lack of resilience can be due to lack of energy, confidence, or the ability to cope, which are other signs that you’re not in alignment, all of which make you more susceptible to the stress and suppressed emotions that come from the inability to bounce back quickly when facing life’s challenges.
1) Awareness: The first step to realigning with your true self is awareness. Recognize the signs of misalignment, where they are coming from, and acknowledge their impact on your life. Awareness is the foundation upon which you can build meaningful change.
2) Release: Once you’re aware of what’s holding you back, the next step is to release these barriers. This could mean letting go of control issues, releasing suppressed emotions through professional help, or even shedding the “shoulds” that you’ve imposed on yourself. Releasing these blocks allows you to create space for alignment.
3) Redefine: The final step is to redefine your path. Now that you’re aware of your misalignment and have taken steps to release what is no longer serving you, it’s time to redefine your goals, values, and actions to align with your true self. This is where you reclaim your personal power and set yourself on a path to a life of impact, ease, and abundance.
Don’t underestimate the power of talking to someone. If this problem is too much for you to handle, seek professional help. A professional can provide tools to manage stress and help you express suppressed emotions.
Misalignment is more than just an inconvenience; it’s a life-diminishing state that can lead to chronic stress and suppressed emotions, the silent killers that contribute to diseases and addictions. The good news? You have the power to change. By recognizing the signs and taking actionable steps, you can reclaim your power and live a life of impact, ease, and abundance.
Ready to Dive Deeper Into Self-Mastery and Alignment?
Join the Awaken & Ignite MarkahVida group coaching program. With science-backed tools and techniques, we guide you on a transformative journey to optimize your success. Click here to learn more and join the program.